Autism Family Services of New Jersey realizes that there are many worthwhile agencies, organizations, and contacts to assist you through your efforts to raise your children with autism. We will add to our list as time goes by, but we have selected what we consider to be the key links that you will need to get you started.
New Jersey Public and Private Agencies serving the needs of families affected by autism
- POAC Autism Services – a nonprofit group providing free training, services, outreach and support to children and adults with autism and their families and professionals who serve them.
- Autism New Jersey – COSAC has now become Autism NJ – Autism NJ (COSAC) is dedicated to ensuring that all people with autism receive appropriate, effective services to maximize their growth potential and to enhancing the general public’s overall awareness of autism.
- Easter Seals of New Jersey – Respite, weekends, other support services specific to autism
- NJ Division of Developmental Disabilities – State-funded services and programs
- NJ Dept. of Health and Senior Services – Early Intervention Services/guidelines for autism
- NJ Governor’s Council on Autism – Research grants
- The Autism Center at UMDNJ – NJ Medical School, Diagnoses
- Children’s Specialized Hospital – Diagnoses, programs, and services
- Catastrophic Illness in Children Relief Fund (CICRF)
National Public and Private Agencies serving the needs of families affected by autism
- Autism Speaks – Advocacy, legislative affairs, research on a worldwide level
- Autism Society of America – Advocacy, legislative affairs, affiliated parent groups nationwide
- Centers for Disease Control – Diagnosing autism, treatment methods
- The Daniel Jordan Fiddle Foundation – Established to develop and award grants to programs that enrich the lives of adolescents and adults with Autism.